This is a low producing diploid but it flowers magnificently, and for a long time so can be used as an ornamental as well as for eating.
- Plant: Upright.
- Ploidy: diploid
- Flowers: purple/blue.
- Tubers: small to medium size, round. Violet/purple coloured skin with white eyes. White flesh. Deep eyes.
- Best for: boiling and salads.
- Production: Each plant should produce about 8 tubers.
- Potential yield: 700g
- Heat sprouting:
- Heat tolerance:
- RLEM tolerance:
- Other: Ornamental flowers.
- Planting: Harvest at 100 days. Will produce two crops per season.
- Commercial use? No, it does not produce well enough
- Fertility: Flowers and makes berries.
- Other: Will sometimes produce runners with evenly spaced tubers along it, as well as the tubers under the plant.
Cooking: Best for boiling. Flavour ok, mash ok.
Storage/dormancy: low dormancy. See the ‘storage’ page for overwinter storage tips.