This variety will be ready to buy around Christmas 2021
This tetraploid variety produces well. It doesn’t have a lot of flavour but readily accepts the flavour of other ingredients cooked with it.
The tubers are red and the shape is elongated and uneven.
- Plant: Low and wide bush
- Ploidy: Tetraploid
- Tubers: Elongated with medium eyes. Red skin and the flesh is light cream in colour and has speckles of pink under the skin
- Best for: baking, mashing. Not good as a plain boiled potato.
- Production: About 1.5 kg or so per plant.
- Other: Looks similar to ‘Number 13’. Skin is fragile at harvest.
- Commercial use?
- Fertility: Produces a large amount of large seed pods.
- Planting to sprouting – 4-6 weeks (sporadic if not chitted before planting)
- Sprouting to flowering – 6 weeks
- Planting to harvest – nearly 5 months
Storage timetable – time from harvest to starting to sprout
- In dark at room temp: 4 – 5 months (depending on temperature)
- In light at room temp: 4-5 months
- Replanted directly after harvest: 33 -43 days