This tetraploid variety produces well and has great flavour.
The tubers are purple with large white patches around the eyes. The tubers are flattened ovals.
- Plant: upright bush
- Ploidy: Tetraploid
- Tubers: Smooth with shallow eyes. Oval and flattened like a pancake. Purple and white pied skin with purple flesh
- Best for: All purpose.
- Production: About 1.5 – 2 kg or so per plant.
- Potential yield:
- Heat sprouting:
- Heat tolerance:
- Frost tolerance: Low
- RLEM tolerance: medium
- Other: This variety has good storage abilities. In a cool, dark, dry spot they will store for 3 months over winter, or a bit less in warmer months. They will also keep over winter in a light, dry spot for replanting.
- Planting: Make sure you chit them before planting as occasionally with the right conditions they will stay dormant in the soil for many months. Place tubers in a light place for a few weeks before planting so they produce small sprouts. Once they have sprouted in the soil they grow fast.
- Commercial use? Probably yes as a novelty due to the flesh colour.
- Fertility: This variety is fully fertile and will produce fruits.
- Planting to sprouting –
- Sprouting to flowering –
- Planting to harvest –
Storage timetable – time from harvest to starting to sprout
- In dark at room temp:
- In light at room temp:
- Replanted directly after harvest: