This is a medium producing diploid with very unusual red and yellow marbled flesh. The colour would put many people off, but you are visiting this site because you like more unusual and novelty vegetables so I am guessing that it might fascinate you as it does me.
- Plant: bushy.
- Ploidy: diploid
- Flowers: pink.
- Tubers: round with red skin and red/yellow marbled flesh. Good size tubers for a diploid.
- Best for: boiling and salads. The flesh is quite dry after cooking so needs a lot of butter or other sauce. It is good for mashing but the colour of the mash is very offputting.
- Production: Each plant should produce about 8 tubers.
- Planting: Harvest at 100 – 110 days. Will produce two crops per season.
- Commercial use? No, I doubt the flesh colour will make it attractive to most people
- Fertility: Flowers and makes berries.
Makes a weird coloured but tasty mash.