This tetraploid variety produces fun, small tubers with a purple splashed inner. I produces fairly well and I think the tubers will be bigger when grown in soil that is better than mine.
The tubers are purple with white eyes.
- Ploidy: Tetraploid
- Tubers: Round with deep eyes. Small. Purple skin with white yes and cream flesh with purple flush.
- Best for: mash or salad.
- Production: About 1 kg or so per plant.
- Other: This variety makes a really delicious and creamy mash, as long as you can get past the speckeld yellow, black and blue colour.
- Commercial use? Probably not .
- Planting to sprouting – 4-6 weeks (sporadic if not chitted before planting)
- Sprouting to flowering – 6 weeks
- Planting to harvest – nearly 5 months
Storage timetable – time from harvest to starting to sprout
- In dark at room temp: 4 – 5 months (depending on temperature)
- In light at room temp: 4-5 months
- Replanted directly after harvest: 33 -43 days